1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Inner anger, and what next?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Jaromir, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Jaromir

Jaromir New Member

Hey everyone.

I have one general question. I already read one Sarnos book, I also read first 5 articles from SEP and I think I have decent knowledge about TMS and how it can affect our phisical symptomps.

What I didnt find yet is what should I do once I know about my feeling - lets say anger might causing me troubles. I know that Im pretty impulsive, I can get angry very easily and I often have to repress this anger, because nobody is curious about my anger outbursts. So what now?
    This kind of behavior is typical for my family. My grandfather was grumpy, same my father and now Im as well. Why is this and what can I do with it? Is it possible that its hereditary? I can do meditation, I can try to control myself, but all this is just repression method. How can one get rid of (or sooth) his character trait ? Or should I just accept this as myself and just be grumpy person and fully express myself? I dont want to affect my closest with this trait, but I already do, I know that and Im not happy about it. Do you think I should visit psychotherapist?

Thank you for answers.

2. Duggit

Duggit Well known member

3. Jaromir

Jaromir New Member

Thank you Duggit. So generaly what is he saying is that one should control his anger, but dont inhibit it. Well it is easy to say, not so easy to do :). Anyway, thank you for this resource, I will try to find more info about it. It is also interesting that he mentions relation with childhood and parents behaviour. As I said I was always like this, when I got upset as a child I just took my glasses off and smashed them against floor and stuff like that. Sure my parents were trying to calm me in this regard, not sure if succesfully.. And also I remember my father as screamer, he was having a lot of respect from everyone around because of this.. So that is kind of anxiety related respect though..