1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

In the right direction

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by joseph32, Dec 13, 2013.

1. joseph32

joseph32 Peer Supporter

I just wanted to post an update on my start to the TMS journey. I first learned of TMS and accepted it about 3 weeks ago. Since then, I cancelled an MRI and discontinued anything that was supporting an injured back. I did have to finish physical therapy, but approached it as a form of exercise.

I have had had chronic back pain and some leg pain for about seven years. Two months ago, the pain became bad and I thought the worse, which created a lot of anxiety and ultimately made the pain increasee. I was prescribed anti-anxiety medication, which made things even more difficult.

Fortunately, I discovered Dr. Sarno and books regarding TMS. In the last three weeks, I have read three of his books along with Steve Ozanich and Dr. Schubiner. I have also read the a lot on TMS Wiki. Well, since the TMS discovery, I am now sleeping without medication throughout the night and do not take and other medication besides for pain. I have also cut down on the pain medication. I feel on the right path. Since the TMS acknowledgement, my pain has gone down about 30-40%. I am still trying to journal and educate myself further. I mostly am trying to relax and appreciate each day. Before I sleep, sometimes I can even feel the pain in my back leave, really strange but good. I am still having some problems with conditionally things as sitting for too long. I have made some progress though.

I am grateful for those of you on this site and hope to share more on my journey. Thank you and good health to everyone!!

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is so great to hear joseph32. Your doing the work you need to do and its paying off.
    This is just the beginning you will still get better and better --
    stay with the program you've been doing its obviously helping a lot.
    Thank You so much for letting us in on your progression
    Still work to do, but noticing results is a great thing to do
    Bless You

3. Ruth_L

Ruth_L Peer Supporter

Joe, that's wonderful to hear. I'm so glad you found this site and are on your journey. I know exactly what you mean too.

I too have had really bad back pain but I've always found yoga helps. I have had really bad sciatica in the past but every single time when I do back bending yoga it feels amazing and I'm healed up immediately.

Just looking at these yoga poses is inspiring to me. While I can't do all/most of them SOME of them I can, just trying to get into some of these backbending yoga poses is helpful to my back, google backbends yoga, back bends yoga

http://www.mryoga.com/backbends/

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. joseph32

joseph32 Peer Supporter

Thank you Eric, I appreciate it!