1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

IBS Relief. Thanks Alan Gordon

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by talldrinkofwater, Dec 4, 2017.

1. talldrinkofwater

talldrinkofwater New Member

I've been dealing with TMS symptoms for most of my life, but in the past 3 years or so it was IBS and itching/hives as well as insomnia. It used to be back/neck pain but my mind decided at some point to switch it to some new symptoms.
    In any case, even after reading lots of Sarno, I understood the idea but wasn't getting much relief.
    Alan Gordons new 21 day program is what was the most effective.
    I am now eating whatever I want, having normal digestive activity every day, going to sleep without pills/medication and the hives have greatly subsided although they do pop up now and again, except now I know how to deal with them.
    One of the things that really hit home with me was that it cannot be your goal to get rid of symptoms. You have to not care about the symptoms. And if you dont care, why would you care if you get rid of them or not?
    Bring 'em on, I say. I don't care.

I went to 4 different doctors for my IBS symptoms, got 4 different diagnoses, took tons of expensive medications/tests, herbal remedies, etc, etc. None of it worked or would only provide placebo relief.
    To think that I could change that by changing my relationship with the symptoms is simply astounding.

Thanks again Alan, and to those of you dealing with IBS symptoms.......work the 21 day program as many times as it takes. If you get to a part of it where your mind says "I dont want to do that....I dont believe that".....thats the part you need to really work on and focus on.

Good luck!!

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Great, encouraging report. Bravo!!!

3. Saffron

Saffron Peer Supporter

Wow. You have done just what I need to do. But I can't stop caring about the migraines my head hurts 24/7.

I've done it with the IBS

Well done

you

4. colls100

colls100 Well known member

@Saffron migraines SUCK don't they. I had them 24/7 then it became dizziness instead,with regular migraines.
    Have you tried tapping (EFT) Have a look into it. There are some threads here. The concept behind it is in sync with Sarno/TMS - but the tapping element can help you feel like you're doing something proactive to release the emotions.
    Maybe go on youtube and find a sequence for migraines you can follow.
    I know it seems like I'm suggesting something more physcial in nature but it's really about your emotions. You will see symptoms reduce or change and that will reinforce that they are emotional and that you can heal. Let me know how you get on if you decide to go for it. It can really help with the layer of anxiety and fear too. It's not THE answer but it is worth trying x

Saffron likes this.