1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 I am hopeful...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KMackAttack, Feb 4, 2016.

1. KMackAttack

KMackAttack Newcomer

Well I have been experiencing back pain for about 8 months. I have two herniated/degenerative discs class L5/S1 and L4/L5. I have been doing physical therapy for about 7 months with little success. The doctor and my PT tell me that my herniations are mild and that I should have no problem feeling back to normal, but it just won't happen.

I read Healing Back Pain, recommended to me by a friend, this book really resonated with me. I read most of it last night. I feel like there is hope today. I think there was a slight reduction in pain. I am really excited to carry out the educational program. I do think I need more reassurance that it is TMS that I am suffering from, but I am hopeful that it will come. My personality traits really match up with this the TMS concept and most everything aligns.

I do wish there was a MD in my area that understood TMS and could help reassure me that this is what I have.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, KmackAttack. Dr. Sarno says disc problems may not cause pain, so I think it is from TMS emotions. You say your character traits are TMS. The SEProgram will help you to discover what those are. You don't have to drastically change your personality, just consider modifying things such as perfectionism or "goodism," wanting everyone to like and approve of you, and knocking yourself out to achieve that. Be patient and you will heal from your pains. Be confident and believe 100 percent that TMS emotions cause them. Welcome to the TMS healing community. I healed from severe back pain through TMS knowledge and you will heal, too.

3. KMackAttack

KMackAttack Newcomer

Thanks Walt for your words of advice and encouragement. I am just finishing Day 2 exercises. Intellectually, I am 98% convinced that TMS is at the route of my back and sciatic pain. I am optimistic I can make this 100%, and that my subconscious mind will follow. My personality does make me somewhat skeptical and worried that this might not be my answer.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, KMack. You are so close to totally believing in TMS. Maybe repeat a positive mantra to yourself like "I believe 100 percent that my pain is from my emotions and is not structural."