1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Hypnosis and TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Tennis Tom, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Found this interesting link about hypnosis and TMS. I recall Dr. Sarno mentioning hypnosis in one of his books. I did a quick google and found this. I'm not endorsing the practitioner and haven't even finished the entire article, but it seems complementary to TMS and they are familiar with Dr. Sarno and his TMS theory.

Anyone done hypnosis for TMS?

http://bloomhypnosis.com/backtopain.htm

2. blake

blake Well known member

Hey, something about tms right here in Canada! Thanks for posting, tennis tom.

3. EricFeelsThisWay

EricFeelsThisWay Peer Supporter

I had a couple sessions of hypnotherapy to uncover emotions that were causing pain. At one point in the hypnosis I started singing an old church hymn that goes "Oh Lord I am not worthy..." It made me realize that my religious background could be a big source of my feelings of inferiority and guilt. It also helped me unravel some unresolved feelings I had toward my mother while she was dying, namely regret and remorse. I'm not sure that hypnosis itself can eliminate the pain, but it is a catalyst for unlocking unconscious feelings.

IrishSceptic likes this.
  4. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

TT

I don't mean to be disrespectful but this modality his just as ridiculous as EFT . It's nothing more then placebo at best .

5. balto

balto Beloved Grand Eagle

It really does work. If you believe it will.
    It don't work, if you believe it won't.

6. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I guess your right but that goes with any healing modality including meds. But if it helps it better than taking drugs.

7. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

But aren't all means of healing just placebo? People invest themselves in different modalities because they can resonate with them. The problem is, there are so many modalities and with the nature of TMS, we are forever in the search for the perfect/best fit modality. When in fact we only need to invest/follow just 1 or 2 completely.

8. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

I mentioned hypnosis because Dr. Sarno did in one of his books. I'm on a road trip so don't have my books to research on which page. If someone wants to crack open their Sarno and find his original citation that wouldn't hurt my feelings.

9. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

What about hypnotic regression? this is used to recover things the patient isn't even aware of and famously/controversially used by Alien abductee researchers.

I would hypothesise that you could use hypnosis with the principles of TMS very effectively, a way to shortcircuit and break the bad habits of thought you have developed.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...c-regression-and-healing-the-unconscious-mind

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.