1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Here I go...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ChrisWGill, Oct 18, 2022.

1. ChrisWGill

ChrisWGill New Member

So, I've been lurking on this forum for a while now, educating myself about TMS and reading Success Stories. I've been suffering from what I thought was an RSI in both hands for over 2 years now, despite all results coming back saying there's no structural damage. I've read The Mindbody Prescription, listened to many of Alan Gordon's podcasts, and have been doing (almost) daily journalling and some meditation.

I've also begun the process of breaking the fear cycle by resuming typing (both on my computer and phone) after stopping using my hands completely. To my shock, the pain has been far less than I expected it to be (sometimes not there at all). I'm also nearly completely tapered off the 10mg of Amitriptyline I'd been taking for about 3 months.

Despite being proud of the progress I've made, I know my journey with this is not over, so I feel ready to start this program. Wish me luck, and I look forward to getting to know you all over the coming weeks.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome, Chris, and indeed, good luck! You're in the right place, with the right outlook :D

ChrisWGill likes this.
  3. ChrisWGill

ChrisWGill New Member

Thanks, Jan