1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 Have I told anyone about TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Judy66, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Judy66

Judy66 New Member

Aah, this question struck a chord! I have actually told my daughter about it, but not my husband. And as he is retired and my work is mostly at home, I'm not telling the one person who is here all the time while I'm journaling loads about our relationship. I THINK this may be wise as he is a great believer in trad medicine and has always been highly suspicious of mind-body links (of which I've been convinced for ages. However, I think part of my recovery must be standing up for what I believe in front of him. Have others experienced similar? The positive in this is that discovering anger is like discovering a strength that might give me more courage. The pain seems worse when I go into 'give up roll over and die' mode!

2. Crissyxox

Crissyxox Peer Supporter

Absolutely. I experience the give up and roll over and die pain increase. Are you afraid (there's that fear word again!) that he will jeopardize your progress/recovery because of skepticism? Honestly, I haven't told most if my family because of this.

Maybe you should try journaling about why you aren't telling him. It may surface more than you are thinking right now.

Judy66 likes this.
  3. Judy66

Judy66 New Member

Yes, definitely afraid of the scepticism - it's quite a work to hold on to certainty myself! Good idea to journal about it - I'll do that, thanks so much.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Judy. I agree with Judy to journal about the problem of talking to your husband about TMS. He sounds like a hard nut to crack in accepting TMS and may plant seeds of doubt in your mind. Also, best to wait until you're 100 percent free of the symptoms you have. Even then, he may not accept it.
    I never thought it was necessary to tell anyone about my TMS pains, except those in the TMS community on this web site.

A neighbor once gave me some excellent advice when I moved into the house next door to hers: "Don't tell me your problems and I won't tell you mine."
    I think that generally works, but do share your TMS concerns with us on this web site.

Judy66 likes this.