1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 Got depressed

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Caro, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Caro

Caro New Member

I started to feel really depressed for a few days after the dialoguing in day 15. I decided to dialogue with the body part that is in pain. My inner critic jumped in and did a major nasty attack, cleverly using my TMS personality traits list as fodder. I was really shocked at it's level of nastiness, as I've done years of work on the inner critic including teaching about it to others.
    My self talk became very depressive afterwards. This not like me at all.

I stopped the program and just reread education and videos as I couldn't face the journalling and raking through the coals of the traumas. Having trouble starting again even though I feel ok again now.

2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

There's nothing wrong with a nice break. I struggled for a period during the program when I became afraid that I no longer liked my wife and daughter. It happened once I started digging into some anger towards them that I had repressed. I actually started getting anxious and jumpy when around them. It was quite frightening and took me some time to work through. I still don't like that part of me that gets so angry so easily, but it's there and needs to be dealt with from time to time. And, nine months since finishing the SEP, I still am not fully comfortable with my anger towards them, but I'd say I'm 95% of the way there. The more you live with it, the less scary it becomes. It takes time though. Keep up the good work!

Caro likes this.