1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Good podcast

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Celayne, Aug 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

I've been listening to the Secular Buddhism podcast.

It's an accessible, relevant program. The host, Noah Rasheta, reads a quote at the start of each program, something to the effect that 'you should study the Dharma, not to become a Buddhist, but to become a better whatever-it-is you are'.

The most recent one I listened to, #11 The Parable of the Raft, talked about letting things go when we don't need them anymore. Very appropriate to anyone dealing with TMS. There are episodes on Mindfulness, too.

The show's been going on for about a year and a half; there are 45 episodes uploaded so far.

I found it on iTunes.

Anyway, I thought some of you might be interested in listening.

Sonic, Ellen and Forest like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Cricket313. I listened to that parable and liked its message about letting things go that trouble us, once we realize we don't need them anymore. I guess the trick is to discover when we don't need them anymore. I find that journaling can help in this, to better understand ourselves and those in our lives.

3. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

Hi Walt - you're right, the trick is in discovering when we don't need 'rafts' any more. It isn't always easy to break habits. I find that mindfulness practices help me to do that, though, both identifying and discarding.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Mindfulness is great.