1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 7 Forest's Video Blog

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KevinB, Dec 2, 2015.

1. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Hey y'all!

Today is day 7, so I've made it through the first week!

Today is a rest day, but I did watch the video and wow, that really hit home - because this is my second time doing the SEP, from a relapse, I've definitely been overdoing it. I like how Forest uses the work "activated" - I certainly feel activated most of the time, monitoring, forcefully "thinking psychologically", etc.... reflecting back on the last time I did the SEP and what got rid of my pain was simply calming down, letting go of the monitoring, keeping everything I was learning present, but getting on with my life and just letting go of the results.... but that took time to get to, and now I'm feeling a bit more impatient. But at least I'm recognizing it, which seems to be the first step toward calming down.

That's it for now. Thanks for reading.

Kevin

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, KevinB. Yes, Forest's video blog is terrific. I hope everyone reads it again.

You healed before with the SEP and will again. Something recent may have triggered a past emotion which brought the pain back. Journal about recent events in your life that may have reminded you of something in the past that gave you emotional stress.

KevinB likes this.