1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

for everyone needing help with TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Sep 30, 2012.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I hope everyone reads this help I just got from these two TMS people
    Thanks very much, Louise. Very nice of you to reply asking about how to let my subconscious know about my anger.​

I get it now. I'm a Type A person working for a super-Type A person for several years and it is very stressful.
    Now I know where my anger comes from, I know how to handle it. I will journal about it and also, as someone
    else on TSMwiki suggested, I'll write my boss a letter about it all but not mail it.
    I already know how I can adjust to working for him... I'll slow down, not jump through his hoop, and work at MY pace,
    not his.

Monte Hueftle, you've really been helpful and I want everyone to know it. You told me this:

Your mind and it's Type A patterns are doing Two things:

1 - Generating Inner Tension
    2 - Repressing Emotional Energy

Most people understand #1 - Worry, Striving, Controlling, Pleasing, etc. - all cause or generate inner tension.
    What most people don't understand it that these patterns are also denying or helping you avoid being with your emotion (whatever that emotion is). This means your Type A patterns are your Repressing Agents.

So it is much more important to learn how to "Be with your Feelings" instead of avoiding/denying/repressing them.

TMS is much more about our day-to-day patterns of being and not so much about repressed emotions from the past.