1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Flare ups

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by AkashVerma, Jan 28, 2022.

1. AkashVerma

AkashVerma Peer Supporter

How to respond and cope up with flare ups ?
    Flare ups often disturb daily schedule which causes frustration and despair. How to go through daily tasks if pain is severe and you can't think straight ?

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

@AkashVerma
    You remember its part of the process, and be gentle to yourself and keep doing TMS work. If you have been working at it, and have a flair it is called an extinction burst and it means your brain is catching on to positive changes. It will try and go back to it’s “comfort zone” where it operated before you realized you were dealing with TMS.
    Acknowledge frustration - anger at the symptoms, at those things that gave you TMS. Feel the fear, anger and despair. Remind yourself you are moving forward, this is temporary and you will not let it get in the way of healing. See the message!
    This will soon pass. You are ok, just in pain but you are ok. This is all part of what we need to learn.

AmeliaReinheart likes this.
  3. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

i have a list of things that have proven to me that something is TMS and i look back at it anytime i have a real flare up

4. MedicineWithin

MedicineWithin Peer Supporter

It seems like your capacity to feel emotions might be limiting your physical body and experience. Little things in life are causing flare ups because you still might not be able to feel 'little things.' For example if something brings up anger in you, the anger with turn to physical pain if you cannot feel the rage. The more you are able to feel it, the less your body will react to it with pain. There are ways to do this in a very effective way, and in not so much time at all, you retrain your nervous system, via your emotions to be more comfortable with those little things that come up each day, then symptoms become a memory, emotions become more present. Sorry, those can't be eradicated my friend. They are a natural part of life. hehe

www.thetaowithin.com