1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

flare up after visiting my parents

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by alexandra, Jul 7, 2014.

1. alexandra

alexandra Peer Supporter

I don't have much to say other than I know I have much more work to do! I was doing great, I had even incorporated a bit of a jog into my daily hill walking and 5 days at my parents flared up all my nerves, arms and legs (I was expecting it because of Conditioning) it brought on bad anxiety and all. Sometimes I feel lazy to do all the mental work that TMS healing takes. I wish I could just jog the pain away but it clearly isn't the answer when there's still emotional pain to be worked out and soothed. I'm looking into doing Alan Gordons recovery program, my mind is all over the place searching for an easier way out but I'm starting to realize it takes a lot of work! I'm still very happy of how far I have come, and the work I have done so far, this is just a tiny set back ☺

Msunn and North Star like this.
  2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Alexandra, You're on the right TMS track: "emotional pain to be worked out and soothed." I'm half way through Nicole Sach's TMS "TRUTH" book and it's great for learning the language of "JournalSpeak". She was hand-picked by Dr. Sarno to be on his speaker's groups and is now a TMS therapist. Helping me a lot!

G'luck!
    tt

North Star likes this.
  3. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Yay, Alexandra! You are doing so well! Keep on doing what you're doing!
    dancea