1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 First Week Update

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ireallywantmylifeback, May 8, 2019.

1. Hello everyone,

I am on day 8 of the program and wanted to provide an update (as that is today’s activity). I understand I have to do the work, journaling and the 40-day program, to get better but after watching a video of “can you work to hard on TMS”, I decided that I would try to work on the program everyday as best as I could unless I had much better things to do that would contribute to my healing. Fortunately I had some really great days of enjoinment with my girlfriend and family. I went to a trampoline park and my scrotal pain was sometimes getting bad, but I told myself it is TMS and took a break for a couple of minutes. Although the pain never entirely went away and let us be honest, jumping for 1 hour while being out of shape will cause some pain, I feel confident in how I handled the situation. Yesterday my little siblings wanted to ride a bicycle around the neighborhood, so I hopped on my bike and went with them. I also felt some pain afterwards, but I made sure to not overdo the exercise while also not fearing it.

Do I feel like I have made some progress? Absolutely! I think that for everyone who is or has done this program the answers are so individual, that even if two people take very similar paths to healing there are minutia details in those paths that the individual can only get to by believing in the condition and trying their best.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree ireallywantmylifeback. It is these "small" things which add up to the bigger healing. In fact they are not small at all, because I'm getting that there is less fear, and more trust that you have TMS ---and that it isn't dangerous. Best to you!

ireallywantmylifeback likes this.