1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 Feeling worse when on the forum

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by angelic333, Jul 24, 2014.

1. angelic333

angelic333 Peer Supporter

Kim ruby says in her article that sometimes being on these sites increases symptoms. That is happening for me. I am trying to follow the SEP, read other peoples entry's , etc. And afterwards I feel drained a nauseous. I was told by another member to limit my exposure. It a vicious circle when I am coming on everyday to do the SEP. Any suggestions?

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Heya, Angelic, I hope you weren't nocebo'd by Ms. Ruby! For me and for a lot of people, TMS healing involves a good deal of learning to better understand what is going on below the conscious layer. Dr. Sarno says to think emotionally. If something is going on in your body then there is also something going on in your mind. Any idea what that might be? Any idea of how you might make peace with that and still get the benefits of participation?

It might be that the forum just isn't for you. TMS Healing is often about learning to take the best care of yourself (by finding a passion, changing how you talk to yourself, being mindful, accepting your emotions or a million other things). If being kind to yourself means stopping the program, I'd love to see you benefit from it, but maybe a different path is better for you.

angelic333 likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

angelic333 I'd say the knowledge and wisdom is going to continue to be very helpful for you, has it not helped you? See if you think it's not helping -- that could also be the tms trying to get you away from doing the knowledge therapy.
    As forest said above," about the nocebo effect " if you think you are going to not benefit then you wont. You could print out the SEP and do it that way but learning how to feel your emotions and be at peace with them while moving forth with your life and getting back connected to life is a must. Well, if you want to fully get better, look at all that is bothering you now and face it, come to peace with it, for healing lies on the other side of discontentment.
    Bless You

angelic333 likes this.
  4. angelic333

angelic333 Peer Supporter

Thank you forest and Eric.
    I want to follow the SEP. What happens is when I go on the site I get curious and start reading things from other members. I take on others pain when I do this, and, it brings my attention more to my stomach issues. I do recognize my emotional issues and I know I have not healed them, so I do want to keep following the SEP. I think ( yikes) that I should ( yikes) stick to the SEP and not let myself get distracted by other posts and not even post so much myself. Just stick to the program. Let's see if I can stay away from the chat on Saturday!

5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

That makes a lot of sense. It sounds like you are on the right track. Just keep taking good care of yourself and don't be afraid to do whatever it takes!

6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

angelic333, I believe you got a system. We often give ourselves the best advice. I believe as long as you don't fear others symptoms and don't focus on them as you have to learn not to do with your own symptoms via Sarnos daily reminders, you will be fine. Bless you, you got it. Awesome.

angelic333 likes this.