1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Feeling hopeless

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Gingered, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Gingered

Gingered New Member

I’ve been aware of TMS for a year and a half. I’ve been journaling since then. I’m not sure if I’ve had success or not. I was sure I had TMS because I definitely have the personality type, but I think the supplements I take are helping more than the journaling.

I deal with depression anxiety, hypoglycemia, frequent urination, severe nausea, migraines, and right now severe back pain.

I feel like a failure right now and I’ve felt like one my entire life. I can’t do anything right. I don’t know how to break free of this.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Gingered,

Welcome to the Forum and Wiki. I'm glad you've started the SEP. This can be a very supportive way for you to explore issues around TMS, post updates, be heard, and be yourself. Not all posts will get "answered" so if you really want some support, you might put that in the title.

Having said all that, our support is by nature limited. We don't meet people personally, and we type in things! How can we really know each other? I mention this because if you can get counseling for your depression, anxiety, etc, this is very helpful. Helpful for the quality of your life, and for your TMS work.

Good luck in your journey!!

Andy B

3. JulieMTherapy

JulieMTherapy Peer Supporter

You can break free of this!!! You might feel hopeless but you're not hopeless--if you were you wouldn't be posting on this forum! What might you be feeling: angry, helpless,sad, afraid, burdned?

MWsunin12 likes this.
  4. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Hello Gingered...when I started this my symptoms were numerous too. I think the real key is knowing you don't have a physical problem. Being cleared from "regular" doctors is important for that. You sound like me in that you have multiple symptoms affecting various parts of the body that generally don't have a logical connection. Still, good to make sure if you haven't already. And I agree with the therapy recommendation. That can work wonders at pulling out things you can't dig up yourself. Just make sure you review TMS and goal of un-repressing strong emotion if you can't find one that is familiar with TMS. Good luck!

5. Reme

Reme Newcomer

Hi Gingered
    I have cfs and fibro, so also get lots of the symptoms you mentioned. I've just done lesson one, so were maybe at the same stage.
    From what I've read so far, that feeling of uselessness, hopelessness and helplessness is part of this condition?
    I also take supplements. Co Q10 VitD3 vitC and Magnesium. I've just started with CBD oil, which is lifting the brain fog enough to concentrate on this course.
    It's so expensive keeping up with the regime!!!
    Looking forward to the TMS journey.