1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 Exercise

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JTaylor, Dec 21, 2021.

1. JTaylor

JTaylor New Member

The last time I exercised was yesterday. I ran around 8km which took me around 40 mins. I ran faster than I have in months. When I was running I felt like I was letting out a lot of emotion and like my run was healing me in some way. Running is a huge part of my life. It makes me feel strong and powerful. I try to run around 4 times a month and will be joining a half marathon race on New Years Eve.

I for really into strength training earlier this year and was doing a lot less running. I loved it to but I stopped it and haven’t done any since September because of my pain and a hectic work schedule. I thought my shoulder, elbow, wrist and finger pain was caused by my weight lifting and strength training But I now know this isn’t true. I feel almost afraid of using my weights again but I’ve set myself a goal of doing a strength training workout including weights on January 1st. I might even do it earlier, but I just do feel like I’ve got too much on during the Christmas break and I’m so preoccupied with my running training and writing an essay for the course I’m doing.

I also used to love badminton but I haven’t played it in 3 years. This isn’t really due to my pain but because I just haven’t been motivated enough to book i. I’ve set myself a goal of playing badminton at some point in January. I’m also planning to go swimming at some point in January.

I’m a very active person and love lots of different kinds of sports and exercises. I’m going to make a conscious effort to keep doing more of the sports I love in the new year. I’ve already booked a half marathon for next year as well and am considering signing up for 2 more and maybe even my first marathon!

Mr Hip Guy and Baseball65 like this.
  2. Satori

Satori New Member

I want to run again. I am still a bit worried. But I know that is me not fully accepting the TMS diagnosis, so I feel like I should. Thanks for the motivation.