1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Excersises for pelvic issues?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by michael91, Sep 21, 2018.

1. michael91

michael91 New Member

Hi there,

I am making some progress overcoming pain in my arms. neck and shoulders - for which I use the techniques posed by Alan Gordon (tracking, soothing). However, for my pelvic area I think it is hard to do some somatic tracking / relaxing. Now the temperature lowers, I got more issues like constipation and yeast infections in genital area. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.

2. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

Yeast infections have to be treated. You should see a dermatologist. The creams they prescribe have to be taken for some time. And for constipation increase the fiber in your food. I don’t think yeast infections or constipation have anything to do with lower temperature. Anyway, you can try pelvis muscle relaxation. Lying down and letting go of tension is a good starting point. Most pelvic muscle tension stems from anxiety.

BloodMoon likes this.
  3. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Michael91,

My suggestions are:
    • To lie down flat on your back and carefully and gently massage your tummy all around your belly button with the flat of your hand, going in a clockwise direction, feeling for and palpating (also very gently) any areas that are tender or painful - I find this helps to relax the muscles you're massaging and has a 'knock on' effect of relaxing the muscles elsewhere in the pelvic area to include the pelvic floor. It also can help with constipation. (Doing this would obviously be subject to there not being anything like hernias or operation scars present that shouldn't be massaged/palpated in this way.)
    • To place the flat of your tongue against the roof of your mouth and then letting go and relaxing your jaw - it's a strange phenomenon, but this in turn relaxes the muscles in the pelvic floor. Ideally, 'check-in' with yourself regularly throughout the day to do this relaxation technique.
    I hope that if you try them these suggestions will be of some help to you. (I suffer with pudendal neuralgia-like pain, so I greatly empathise with you in regard to suffering pelvic pain.)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    HattieNC likes this.
  4. michael91

michael91 New Member

Thank you both. I will give a try.

5. michael91

michael91 New Member

I there, just wanted to let you know that it resolved. Relaxation of the pelvic muscles and os pubis probably did the job. Maybe some fissure was generating tension and fear which worsened it.