1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Did I went too hard in my workout or is it TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, May 21, 2022.

Tags:
  1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

Hi everyone, so yesterday I did some workout at the gym. I didn't went to the gym for almost like a month because I feared that I would make my mental fatigue even worst, yesterday I worked out and felt fatigue and moody after the workout, heck I was feeling fatigued already after the first exercise and I was like wow should I avoid this one? It's mostly mental fatigue for me. Like physically im okey, it's mostly mental, can't think straight.

Thoughts?

I'm 154, 6'1-2'' if that means something for you guys.

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Your height weight means nothing to what is going on with you.
    Why would exercising cause you mental fatigue? Think about the sense that makes?
    Anxiety, worry, obsessions - these things cause mental fatigue. You just have to let go of the worrying and begin to be willing to feel your feelings.
    How do you feel about this fatigue? Does it make you angry or sad? If you feel nothing then it is a sign that this fatigue is a form of repression, and that you need to do tms work to start slowly feeling better, if TMS is really your issue.

3. lukas-z

lukas-z New Member

hey man, I know what you are speaking about with mental exhaustion. I have been suffering this for a long time. I have this somewhat under control. I used sink into very dark 'holes' after intense physical workout. took days to recover. gym/weight lifting made it so much worse.
    I got this somewhat under control. I don't think i got this fully figured out, but in my case a big factor was low testosterone. I am on 150mg testosterone injections / week now. this is probably not the root cause which might very well psychosomatic.
    so as of now I can go to the gym 3-4x / week and push hard, and don't feel mental exhaustion as badly. look into your hormones, get your levels checked, and check your nutrition levels. I can provide some very basic guidance on this.