1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Desperate

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by eskimoeskimo, Nov 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. eskimoeskimo

eskimoeskimo Well known member

I shouldn't be on here again. I committed to stopping visiting here and I requested that my account and all messages be deleted. Apparently that wasn't carried out. I don't believe in TMS anymore so I don't know what I'm expecting here. I'm just desperate in a very, very dark place. I don't think there is any hope. Can anyone tell me why I should keep trying after 10 years without any - I mean any - progress.

2. eskimoeskimo

Guess not ...

3. Idearealist

Idearealist Peer Supporter

You don't believe in TMS, or you don't believe that what you're experiencing is TMS?

4. samuelp180

samuelp180 Peer Supporter

Yes, i do. Dan bugling with pain free you knew about TMS and still suffered from 13 years of back pain and sciatica. Hang in there. Visit is YouTube “pain free you” and PLEASE never give up. Keep fighting. Go to his channel and he has a slightly different approach than just feeling his emotions. Worked wonders for me and i know that i can for you as well.

BloodMoon likes this.
  5. eskimoeskimo

I’m not sure about either at this point

6. eskimoeskimo

Thanks. I have worked with him.

7. Kozas

Kozas Well known member

To be honest I don't know. I'm in pain since 2011, and I've tried TMS for last 2 years. I think that's enough for me. And since conventional medicine can't help me either the best I can do is just living with this pain... I don't even remember how it is to feel 'fine', in the last almost 10 years I never had pain free minute. I believe in TMS but not everything is TMS(it's quite to diagnose), and even if it is TMS it doesn't mean it's 100% treatable. I remember your last topic and I remember you already tried everything(and I feel like I've tried everything too). I decided that that's it - I can't help my pain so I try to improve my life in every other way - although my life would be quite awesome without constant nagging pain. But sometimes there are things that we can't change. Maybe our pain is one of those things

Balsa11 likes this.
  8. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for reminding me/us about Dan Buglio. I'm going to watch one or two of his videos every day from now on (here's a link for anyone who hasn't come across him before https://www.youtube.com/c/PainFreeYou/videos).

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  9. eskimoeskimo

Haven't been able to figure out a way to cope with that possibility (or likelihood)

10. Kozas

Kozas Well known member

Yep, it's very hard. For me, work of John Kabat-Zinn was especially helpful but I'm sure you already know it. Sorry that I can't be more helpful, I just can tell that I think I know how you feel, because often I feel the same. For me especially crushing are my pre-pain memories. It feels like a different life, so I try to stay busy through the day. It's not making my physical pain better, but at least it helps for my mental health