1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Dealing with pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Its so hard dealing with nerve foot pain i know its TMS 100 % but i cant stop taking meds to get threw the day..i been using tms skills from journaling to therapy.

I know its ok to take them as we go threw the journey as we get better, but thats the issue i have not had any let up in pain.

My thoughts are to just take a break from TMS stay with meds and come back to the work ? I am at cross roads and i will not turn to anymore test or Dr

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

I know this is going to sound tough, but I think that could be sensible. Take a small break, then approach it with a new focus.

I just think you will continue to be in pain and suffer as long as you react to your thoughts in the same way. I understand you acknowledge there is a need to be mindful, but one needs to apply mindfulness, but one needs to live it and breath it, rather than just say they understand it.

Finally, learn to be kinder to yourself, despite the odds, show the inner child you are in control, he's safe and you are slowly but surely regaining control.

Sorry again if my post has offended you, it was not my intention.

3. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

Have you takes the Unlearn Your Pain course? I found it to be very helpful at unearthing deeper issues and finding ways to heal the mind and body. Although I just finished it and am still on the journey to recovery the techniques helps me a lot.

4. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Not at all sometimes we need to be bumped or pushed back on the rails this is what this forum is about..even though i am very aware and have practice meditation and mindfulness for a year i felt this direction was not helping me to the point i needed it. I still stop every morning for 10 min and be still and listen and breath my surroundings

Thx Mike