1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Honey1972, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Honey1972

Honey1972 Newcomer

I've been struggling to find a place and I hope this is it. So many chronic pain or Hashimoto's groups are full of people wallowing which doesn't seem conducive to healing. I've done my share of wallowing and I'm sure I will have days when I might do it again, but it has been impossible to ignore the fact that my emotions and my pain and exhaustion are closely tied. So, while I do have a physical diagnosis which needs specific care, there is a lot more going on here.

It occurred to me recently that I went from living really well with my disease so starting a slow descent when my father passed just as my ex husband and I were moving our two kids across the country 16 years ago. Seems that is probably where I will begin unravelling my story. I am already encouraged seeing so many people with reduced pain and no pain here.

ssxl4000 likes this.
  2. Edadee

Edadee Newcomer

You have got this! I hear you on the struggle of having real physical issues that need addressing while also knowing much of the suffering is psychologically induced. It is a tightrope walk. I have faith that you will be able to walk it, though, and find healing. Much love.

Ed

Honey1972 likes this.
  3. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Indeed. . . . TMS can create its own pain and symptoms, or take real structural issues and make them way worse! Either way, it sounds like you are in the right place!

Honey1972 likes this.
  4. Honey1972

Honey1972 Newcomer

Thank you so much! I am feeling optimistic. The reading I have done and Dr. Howard Schubiner’s film, This Might Hurt really resonated with me so I think I'm on the right path.

5. Honey1972

Honey1972 Newcomer

I think so, too! Felt like I was going crazy recently but what I've seen so far make so much sense. I know I have a lot of repressed feelings over my lifetime and I'm looking forward to being able to free myself from them.