1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day One

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Toasty, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Toasty

Toasty Newcomer

Old hand at TMS have been using it for years but now find myself with new symptoms I can't shake. Foot pain which is clearly TMS and ass pain which I fear will take me down the rabbit hole of diagnoses. So I thought I would give the SEP a go. Wish me luck.

2. Toasty

Toasty Newcomer

I will add that TMS is frustrating in that they tell you to get a diagnosis first to make sure there is nothing really wrong with you so you end up going to the Dr .where of course you are told there is really something wrong with you. Then you are in a quandry. I have just been told I likely have prostatitis and Urologist wants me to take antibiotics for a month. I have read on this Wiki and other places that prostatitis is one of those mystery maladies that spawns a thousand treatments. Super. Sigh....

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Toasty. I believe what Dr. Sarno says in Healing Back Pain... that tests may show some structural problem but may not cause pain, so drugs and surgery are not necessary. Heal by believing the pain is caused by the MindBody connection and that it is TMS from repressed emotions. This philosophy about pain has been going on since early recorded history, but the medical profession has brainwashed us into thinking pain should be treated with drugs or surgery. A friend told me this morning that she had back pain and her doctor first put her on drugs that did not help and in fact gave her a heart attack.
    He then prescribed surgery and she nearly died from that. I suggest you forget diagnoses and believe 100 percent in TMS. That will heal you. Stick with the SEProgram to learn the emotions causing your pain. And think positive. I stay away from doctors and all medication and am 85, healed from severe back pain by believing in TMS causing it, and feel fine. You will too, and soon.

4. Toasty

Toasty Newcomer

5. Toasty

Toasty Newcomer

Thanks. I understand structural diagnosis are mostly TMS. But I wonder about bacterial and viral issues. Prostatitis is weird because it may be bacterial.