1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by hollywood, Dec 14, 2020.

1. hollywood

hollywood New Member

I must admit it is harder to journal then I thought.

Putting unpleasant emotions on paper is challenging. Perhaps it is because it makes these unexpressed emotions real.

Feeling these emotions is even harder.

Hedger and ARP like this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

hollywood,

I think you put it beautifully. Writing your emotions makes them more real, and we spend most of our waking hours essentially trying to feel less.

I suggest that you use this dawning understanding of the difficulties in feeling/expressing in your TMS work. Since it is not easy to feel, and instead, it is easer to avoid feeling, then you have a deeper grasp of how your symptoms are generated. Knowing this ----in your bones, can go a long way for you in the TMS SEP process. You may not be able to feel and express so easily, but now have a deeper sense of the weight of what's rolling around "down there." This understanding, just like your understanding of your feelings, will deepen and support your TMS work.

Andy

3. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Yes it is . . . very hard. There are some things that may help. If you have any time-consuming projects/hobbies you can dive into after difficult sessions, they may help you shift your focus to the present instead of the painful feelings. Having a therapist or another trusted person you can talk to about what you dug up can help. Exercise (cycling and punching bag) were great for me. And don't be afraid to take breaks if needed! Keep up the good work.