1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 32: When was the last time you made a mistake?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by birder, May 11, 2021.

1. birder

birder Well known member

Well, I've already posted about the time change mistake I made and how both my mother and I ended up with hurt feelings and how I was the one who had to apologize over and over and how I cried most of the day after that. Or maybe I forget to mention that part. Let's just say I hate, hate, hate to make mistakes, and when I do it's devastating. Even when it's not my mistake but I'm blamed unfairly, my initial reaction is like, whatever, and then the doubt comes in and I rehash the incident a few hundred times: what I could have said and what I did say and how I could have said it better and how the other party should have responded and how they did respond and how unfair that was. I can go on a long time, a little hamster on a perfectionist wheel. Did I mention I hate to make mistakes? Because everything I do has to be perfect and make others feel good and if you screw up they leave you.

2. Zuz

Zuz Peer Supporter

Haaaa well yah, when you are conditionned to it... scary stuff :(
    It always helps when parents like to accuse you of everything ( even stuff you did not do).

i think I learned that even as i try to not make mistakes people will abandon me anyways. It’s strange i even keep trying. Bleeehhh

It looks like you are great at identifying these stupid stuff that are do useless and make life hard. Freedom is near!