1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Alice Liddell, Mar 4, 2022.

1. Alice Liddell

Alice Liddell Newcomer

Hello all! I'm at day 3 where these questions are posed and it says to post it here...When was the last time you exercised or did another physical activity? What was this activity? How did it make you feel physically and emotionally? If it is has been a while since you last exercised, why?

Last time I did exercise or any other physical activity was three years ago. It was working out. This activity makes me feel good physically and emotionally but I stopped because it made my pain worse. Anyone else out there with this problem? I was diagnosed with vulvodynia 15 years ago.

2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Hello, exercise definitely use to triggered symptoms for me. If you find yourself ready to exercise again, I suggest just starting small. When I was very sick, I was able to go grocery shopping without any major problems. Therefore, I knew I was able to say, ride my stationary bike for a few minutes, as that was no more taxing than walking around the store. I just added a couple of minutes each week to my short rides until I built back to a sense of normalcy. There is no rush with these things.

Also, I do not know anything about Vulvodynia other than Mayo Clinic says it has no identifiable cause, which is usually a great indicator that the pain is TMS related. Modern medicine is great at finding structural problems. If they can't find anything, it is very likely your brain is causing the pain. So you are in the right place!

Alice Liddell likes this.
  3. Alice Liddell

Alice Liddell Newcomer

Thank you so much! I'm hoping to start some kind of activity soon. For now, going to a therapist, completing the structured program and taking a course on retraining pelvic pain. I definitely think its TMS.