1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 25: How I'm doing

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by hoolie, Oct 29, 2014.

1. hoolie

hoolie Peer Supporter

Hi all-
    I haven't posted here yet, but I thought I'd post an update, just for kicks and words of wisdom!
    I'm taking the SEP slowly. Journaling sometimes, sometimes not. But here's what's been going on:
    symptoms all over the place! Moving around, but seemingly the symptom imperative is adding symptoms, rather that replace! I'd rather have just one, thank you. I think. But it is what it is...TMS.
    I"m working on conquering fear. That's hard. I have started running again, adding minutes each time. I love it and while i'm running, I feel relatively good. I raked leaves and almost felt better the more vigorously i raked. (by the way, original issue is back pain, but recently i have added neck and wrist pain too! ). I am typing regardless of wrist pain and realized that it was keeping me from journaling. HA! sneaky devil. So i resumed journaling.
    I am in touch with a TMS therapist via Skype and I think this will help immensely. So excited for our second session.
    Discovering a lot about myself through journaling. I am working on affirmations and changing the negative self talk I never realized I had. OR if I did, that this was not healthy.
    Basically, I'm ready for that really awesome breakthrough any day :) I've had little ones, but then there are days when I think, "Oh my lord, my everything hurts." I have found success stories, especially Anita Vs, to be so helpful. She talks about ups and downs but it came down to her believing in herself and Sarno's work so completely that the downs didn't trip her up or scare her. I'm getting to that point more than I think I am...but working on losing that last bit of fear. I still feel like I move like a robot and long to be free with my movement again!!
    One day at a time right? It takes time, right? Thanks all.

Judith likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Hoolie. It's great that you're running again, because it's such a morale booster, and it tells your subconscious that you do not fear the pain if it comes on. That will help you to overcome fear in general. It's also good to know that the TMS therapist you are in touch with via Skype is helping you.

Keep journaling to discover the repressed emotions that are causing the pain. They probably go back to your childhood, and maybe something recent has triggered the anger from years ago.