1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 25 -How are things going so far....

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by FlowerBug, Sep 7, 2018.

1. FlowerBug

FlowerBug Newcomer

Well here it is day 25. I felt that I had made some fairly good improvements. The journal writing I believe really helps to pinpoint areas of repression and also shows me new ones I did not realized. I've been walking, swimming and doing things I haven't done in a while..And it feel GREAT! But, this week has been a step back, more pain than usual and in a few areas that haven't bothered me in a while. I'm not really sure why, I have been asking myself what has changed in this past week, any new stresses, etc.. But have not pin pointed it as yet. It's disappointing to fall back into having more pain again and I am trying to maintain thinking that it is psychological.. I want to be in control of this pain, not the other way around! Feel like crying on days like this..maybe I should just let it all out....Things will get better I know they will.

2. Free of Fear

Free of Fear Well known member

Hey there flowerbug. Thanks for sharing your progress. I can imagine (all too well) how distressing it is to be in more pain, especially after making such gains.

Hang in there, and come back to all the positive self-talk, all the self-soothing, everything that inspires you. You have so many tools, if you've made it this far. - And then there is the precious belief that one day soon you will be living the life you want for yourself.

Wishing you well

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi FlowerBug - Day 25, that's an impressive achievement right there!

Just know that this process is not linear - there will continue to be ups and downs, but your ability to assume that something is TMS will become more automatic the longer you do the work.

The most important thing to remember (it's easy to forget) is that your fearful brain will try to sabotage you all the time. And the more successful you are, the more it will fight back. Hearing and then changing the negative messages that your brain will try to impose on you is the secret to success. Listen, hear, and fight back with the TRUTH, which is that your symptoms are not necessary, that you are healthy and safe, and that your brain doesn't need to fool you into thinking otherwise.

Above all, give yourself lots of credit for doing this work, and be sure to love yourself enough at all times to know for sure that you deserve to recover and to live symptom-free.

Free of Fear likes this.