1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.(New York) Daylight Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. MatthewNJ is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now US Daylight Time).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 25 Check in

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by tink, Apr 21, 2016.

1. tink

tink New Member

So far I feel like I have made some really nice progress. I started doing some basic yoga again! I am weeding/gardening and doing laundry! I am working on decreasing the fear of my neck/back pain,identifying the triggers, managing my emotions and learning how to change my thinking (increasing postive thoughts).

I still feel a ton of tension in my neck and get pain in my back/shoulders a few times a day, although I usually know exactly what stressor is causing it. I flare up when I am faced with stress or a conflict (even if it is really small). Hopefully, this will all go away sometime soon! I feel like I know what is causing my pain but I can't find a way to fully stop it/manage it. Journaling, mediating and reading has definitely helped though. I really wish Dr. Sarno was still seeing patients. I think a big part of me needs to hear it face to face, that I am going to be okay and that I do indeed have TMS. I looked into some pactitioners on this WIKI but they were all so expensive...

Janine28 likes this.
  2. Sean

Sean New Member

Hi Tink, I understand what you say about figuring out the cause/trigger and then struggling with total Pain elimination. It seems other people have an 'aha breakthrough.

Janine28 likes this.
  3. Janine28

Janine28 Peer Supporter

Hi Tink,
    While I had an aha breakthrough at the beginning, I continue to have a continual numbness/weakness in my knees and occasional hints of pain. I realized that while I've shifted from looking to the medical community for answers, I ended up still looking externally from myself for answers. The other day I did a "take" on the journaling and wrote from the perspective of my knee. It was an interesting experience because I received some (maybe subconscious) guidance that I wasn't listening to her (my knee) well. She told me that in my attempt to "cure" and "fix" the pain, I had ignored deep cries from within. The main message I received was to be patient, that the hidden parts that I had ignored for so long needed time to unfold within me. It was a wakeup call to listen within much more strongly than I've been doing. And I'm a long time meditator, so I was really fooling myself thinking that I was present for all of this pain. I just share all this incase any of it resonates with you. Best wishes in your healing process.