1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 22 Day 22 most helpful aspect of this program

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Marian, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Marian

Marian Peer Supporter

Lots of helpful aspects to this program. Developing a habit of journaling is extremely helpful. But my favorite aspect is being able to post here and get such positive and helpful assistance.

Last night I developed "a new pain" that was pretty intense. But I was able to just go about my business, instead of being frightened by it. I knew it was TMS and I actually tried to welcome it and it went away within a hour or so. I looked at what I was feeling last night and realized (this took til this morning) that I had some frustrations and that there were some things I want to change or at least express or journal about.

Having help to get the hang of this process... to make a habit of looking inward and not at the pain... that's something I feel this forum is great at reinforcing.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Marian thank you so much for your support and your kind words. You have done very well and it's such an awesome time to be alive isn't it. We are learning that we can control our destiny and regain our health all by being creators with our thoughts. I have been watching your post for a while now and you have grown exceptionally well, bless you my friend and keep us posted. Awesome

Marian likes this.
  3. Marian

Marian Peer Supporter

Thanks so much, Eric. Just yesterday evening I had another weird and intense flare-up, this time with lower back pain, and once again, I was able to look at what was going on (this time, a stressful week was finally over) and get it to release within about three hours. Each time I think, well this is is, I won't be able to do it. Yet so far, I HAVE been able to, and the whole time I think, well, if I can't, I'll go back to the forum and get some help.

When I am feeling more stable, less sensitized, as Claire Weekes would say, I hope to come back and participate more. Thank you once again for the sunshine of your kindness throughout.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.