1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 21

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dcl1597, Feb 17, 2016.

1. dcl1597

dcl1597 New Member

Today was technically a skip day, but I wanted to post because I've just finished week three. In some ways, I do think I've made progress- I've been weaning myself off the medication I was on because I don't think it was helping me at all, and that process has been a little difficult, but I'm almost there. Mentally, I think I might be a little bit more aware, and I'm definitely trying to control my anxiety and be very honest with myself about my fears, what makes me angry, and confronting my goodist personality traits. However, I have yet to see any really clear physical changes. I was hoping to make faster progress after three weeks, but I guess different people just take different times to heal? I've just gotten the Mindbody Perscription by Dr. Sarno in the mail so I look forward to reading that and seeing if it makes a difference in my recovery. It's great having a support system on this forward, and any words of advice would be appreciated!

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

I think lack of patience is another trait they should list. Especially lack of patience with myself. I put so much pressure on myself to succeed then beat myself on the head when not succeeding like I think I should. Breath and be patient with yourself.

Reading SARNO'S book is another positive step forward. Everyone enters the program from a different place, different history and different experiences. Some have seen numerous doctors so they have to overcome that major programming.

You can do it. You will succeed.

3. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hi dcl! Weaning yourself off the medicine is HUGE! Congrats!
    I'm glad you can see some progress, but I can relate to wanting relief NOW. But Stella is right--everyone progresses differently. And sometimes the recovery seems cyclic, as in two steps forward, one step back. But keep the faith! The SEP works!!

4. dcl1597

dcl1597 New Member

Thank you both for your words of encouragement! I'm still definitely struggling a bit with anxiety, but it reassuring to know that other people here have been through the same difficulties. I am a fulltime college student and I've been getting sick (normal sick, not just TMS) a lot lately so I've been a little down, but it is great receiving such positive vibes.

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, dcl. Gigi and Stella are right. Try to be patient in healing and believe 100 percent in TMS emotions causing your symptoms. It took me a few months to heal from severe back after I learned about TMS. The SEProgram journaling helped me to realize how much anger I was repressing from my parents divorcing when I was seven. It helped me to understand what caused that... money problems... and I was able to forgive them. That healed me both physically and emotionally. I think if we put ourselves in the shoes of those who caused is emotional stress, we can understand them better and forgive them. Forgiving is one of the best keys to stopping pain. Have a great weekend. Do things that you enjoy and that can take your mind off your pain or anxiety. Anxiety is all in the head. Put it in the toilet and flush it down. Then laugh.