1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 20: If I could change one thing about my life...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by birder, Apr 29, 2021.

Tags:
  1. birder

birder Well known member

...I would figure out how to see Atlantic Puffins. Because I've always wanted to. And it's simple enough: I just have to cross the country, hop in a boat, and sail out to the islands where their colonies are.
    Okay, so maybe not so simple. I have a few (dozen) fear hurdles to jump over before I can see my birds. I'll probably have to fly. Not so crazy about flying even before the pandemic. And it's a long flight. If I could afford it I'd fly first class, where they bring you hot towels and cocktails before meals. I'd have to rent a car. Well, I can do that. And get a motel room. That should be doable. Haven't been on a boat on the ocean in ages. I seem to recall the last time didn't end well for my lunch. So, I'll eat light and focus on the end goal. And then I'll see them: beautiful chunky little birds in their tuxedos, with those comical colorful bills, flying in and out of their burrows.
    Yeah, that's what I would change. What can I do to make this happen?
    Buy a f-ing ticket. And I'm ready.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    Zuz likes this.
  2. Zuz

Zuz Peer Supporter

I made the drive from Atlantic to Pacific a few times and it’s a beautiful road. If you decide not to fly :).
    Wishing you these puffins ++++

3. birder

birder Well known member

I got my ticket!

mugwump and Zuz like this.
  4. Zuz

Zuz Peer Supporter

Wow fantastic!!!!!!! Congrats and tons of puffins :)!!!!!

5. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

That's a good thing to hear! Congrats!