1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

day 19

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by lighthouse15, May 13, 2015.

1. lighthouse15

lighthouse15 New Member

Hi all.

An update.

My recovery is coming along a treat.

Last night I went for a run - first time in 2 years and it was only fitness (or lack of!) which got me in the end. Absolutely no pain while running at all - nothing.

I am cycling some days to work - a round trip of 19 miles, no pain.

I even meditated this morning straight out of bed lying flat on my back - no pain at all. I couldnt do this 2 weeks ago.

Not only this but my reconditioning is taking effect! I sit for longer in work, completely pain free. I dont even think about my back. Even when I get home in the evening, I feel like watching TV, I sit on the sofa. Previously I was conditioned to lie on the sofa thinking I would hurt myself because I had spent all day at work sitting. My pain has moved from the front of my right thigh (not related to an L4/L5 disc injury as sarno said before) to around the hamstring area of my right leg.

Everytime I find myself thinking about my back - I stop and gently "label" (a meditative technique) that thought in my mind as "Reinforcement" - as gentle as touching a glass with a feather - and bring my attention back to whatever it is I am doing.

I bought a copy of steve ozanich book and am absorbing it. Page 63 where steve's back pain manifested during golf is exactly what happened me. I will save my story for the success forum ;)

Biggest learning point to date is how conditioned we are to believe the back is as weak as a twig - what utter bull shit.

I'm not following the SEP - im following my own gut feelings and meditating most days.

Happy healing everyone

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) and Ellen like this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Congratulations on your wonderful success! I especially like the technique you shared that I've quoted above. Great job. Sounds like you've grasped what TMS healing is about.

Wishing you continued success...

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Lighthouse.

What a wonderful report on your TMS healing.
    I do think what you've done so far on the SEP has helped you, but if you can do all that running and biking and sitting
    without pain, it may be all you needed.

I'm going to save it and whenever anyone says they doubt TMS healing, I'll show this to them.

Keep feeling great and happy.

MKPKdozer and lighthouse15 like this.
  4. lighthouse15

lighthouse15 New Member

5. lighthouse15

lighthouse15 New Member

Forgot to add, after reading other posts I was reminded to include the following - I no longer sleep with a pillow between my legs. I dont need it. I also no longer drive with a lumbar cushion.

Once again I was conditioned to think I needed them.

6. lighthouse15

lighthouse15 New Member

Oh... and I have completely stopped my back exercises and morning yoga. I replaced the yoga with meditation. The only reason I ever started yoga and my back exercises were because of my back pain and sciatica.

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I have never been good at yoga, but am good at meditation.
    Meditation and deep breathing are two of my best friends, after my darling dog.
    I also like peanut butter.

8. lighthouse15

lighthouse15 New Member

Hehe that makes 2 of us walt! Well said and my regards to your best friend too ;)