1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 11 Day 11

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by LindaRK, Feb 16, 2014.

1. LindaRK

LindaRK Well known member

Well, in regards to Armchair Linguist's thread ...... I can certainly relate to her purchasing the "The Mindbody Prescription" in 2005 and not taking it seriously. A couple of years after my diagnosis in 2006 and then re-visiting my back doc about 2-3 years later, he mentioned the mind-body aspect of the pain and that's when I discovered Sarno and others. Read all the books and then some. Read some of those books more than once, too. I didn't do the homework, though. I just read the books and thought there would be a miracle, kind of like an immaculate conception! LOL I mean, heck, all those other people were cured just by reading the book, so why not me, too? Nope, didn't work and I became very frustrated because something "good" wasn't happening to me, too. Didn't I deserve a miracle? After all I've been through? I basically put it all aside - didn't even try journaling. Of course, when I look back, I think alot of not doing anything and none of the homework was because I felt that I didn't deserve to heal. Well, that has changed, my friends. I'm in this now - I'm committed to it and doing the work. This might not be a complete success, despite me doing the SEP and all the homework, but I'm going to try and at this point, that's the best I can do.

2. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Hi Linda - I hope you get out as much as I did from this SEP info and work. My pain is not entirely gone but I have a completely different frame of mind about whatever pain is left. I am so much better than when I started the program. Complete success has a different meaning to me now and its not necessarily about the pain but about how I manage my emotions, attitudes and beliefs about myself, life in general and how my body reacts on a daily basis. I'm very excited for you and this journey you are embarking on. You'll find lots of support from the wonderful folks here on the forum. So keep writing and sharing with us your learnings. We're all in this together.