1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DebraW, Feb 14, 2015.

1. DebraW

DebraW Peer Supporter

Hi can anyone help? I posted something a few days ago and nobody responded. Sorry I guess everyone is so busy.
    I've just been diagnosed with arthritis and I'm afraid that's where all my pain is from. I'm think I should give up on TMS now. Can my pain still be from TMS?
    Thanks

2. Zumbafan

Zumbafan Well known member

I remember reading in Dr Gabor Mate's interviews with patients who had arthritis, that they repressed anger as children. Recognised TMS symptoms may also be associated with repressed anger, so you can draw your own conclusion.

shirleypm and DebraW like this.
  3. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

I certainly have no medical credentials to comment on your diagnosis, however, I do believe that the mindbody has tremendous power of healing. TMS is a type of mindbody syndrome. There are many diseases and illnesses that the can heal.

So learning more about the mind/body connection and introducing changes to your life to promote healing can't hurt and might help, yes?

Here's a wonderful video that was posted here today where a physician speaks about the miraculous power of the mind to heal the body:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/thread...-mind-and-the-placebo-effect.7419/#post-41299.

Wishing you healing!

DebraW likes this.
  4. DebraW

DebraW Peer Supporter

Thank you so much. I'll continue and see what happens.

Dahlia likes this.
  5. Stella

Stella Well known member

Hi Debra,
    Do a search on this site about arthritis. Numerous articles will be listed. You can see a variety perspectives.

DebraW likes this.
  6. DebraW

DebraW Peer Supporter

Ok thanks I will do that

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm almost 85 and recently began to feel pain in my right knee, like I've felt in past years when I've bumped that knee on something
    like a canoe when on a wilderness northwoods canoe trip. Feels like a bone bruise.

I also think, because of my age, that the knee pain is arthritis. But I don't have any of that in my hands or any other part of my body.
    I healed from severe back pain two years ago after learning about Dr. Sarno and TMS. I'm telling myself the knee pain is TMS
    because I've held repressed emotions inside me since I was a boy and my parents divorced when was I was 7. That left me with
    a lot of anger and insecurity, both emotional and economic.

I'm going to believe 100 percent that my knee pain is from TMS and not from arthritis.

8. DebraW

DebraW Peer Supporter

Hi Walt
    My problem now is that I got sent for a bone scan and the results say I have arthritis in my knees, shoulders, lower back and hands and wrists. My only pain is upper back and ribs under my arms. I went for the scan because in dr Sarno's books he says to first rule outer any medical problems so my doctor sent me for this scan. Now my brain says I don't have TMS and I have to convince it that I do. I had a rough past too, was molested by my doctor at 13 and he got away with it. I know I have repressed emotions too. My older sister pretty much got everything and I was in the shadows growing up.

9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Debra. The bone scan you got says you have arthritis in so many places it's a miracle you can stand or use your hands.
    To me it means no matter what the scan showed, you only have some pain in your upper back and under your arms,
    so I think none of the bone scan stuff means anything and that the pain you do have is from TMS.

That sure becomes clear when you say you were abused by a doctor when you were 13 and he got away with it.
    You are holding inner anger about that and also that your older sister was favored over you.

If you read Steve Sarno's book, THE GREAT PAIN DECEPTION, you will see how a doctor almost killed Steve's wife
    by a botched operation and neglect afterward. The anger and other emotions Steve had nearly killed him,
    until he learned about TMS and was able to put his anger to rest.

My best friend's wife had psychiatric problems related to not being wanted much less loved by her mother
    who favored a younger daughter. She had to get psychiatric treatment but it led to her getting well again
    and she was even able to forgive her mother.

It looks like you need to do more journaling about your girlhood experiences. It can lead to forgiving everyone.
    Not easy but it can be done. Set that goal and you will be a very healthy and happy person.

10. DebraW

DebraW Peer Supporter

Hi Walt
    I'm so glad to hear from you. I was hoping you would answer my post. It sounds like you've had some tough times. I'm so sorry for that and I sincerely hope you are feeling good now. I have in fact ordered the book you have recommended the great pain deception from amazon but it hasn't arrived yet. I'm expecting it in another two weeks I think. I'm following the structured course every day. I'm only on day twelve but writing lots of stuff in my journal, about three pages a day. Your encouragement is very helpful. Thanks so much. I'm trying very hard, but I sure have a lot of baggage in this brain to get rid of. But I'm very determined and I know I can do it with your help and this wonderful website.