1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 -- Question to Ponder

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jorgem12, Dec 14, 2019.

1. jorgem12

jorgem12 Peer Supporter

Think of a person in your life from whom you hide your emotions. What is preventing you from telling this person how you feel?

I hide my emotions from my parents and siblings in general. I've been more open about talking about my emotions with them over the past few months. But, for years I've never felt able to express negative emotions about stresses of my daily life with them. I'd just usually suffer through those moments on my own. I'm working on being open about these things with them. But, I know now that that's added to the repression of emotions over the years.

Baseball65 and Tennis Tom like this.
  2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

I have two siblings who are constantly engaged in battle with each other and both always trying to get me to be on their 'side'. I am always trying to make peace and refraining from telling EITHER of them the truth. They are two of my main TMS triggers. I am never ever allowed to be emotionally honest with them and i have gotten a lot of mini-attacks in their presence or right after .... most likely rage at the world for putting me in that situation and at them for being weenies and phony....and maybe at myself for 'lying' by not telling them they both suck.

Since this is a preventative maintenance deal I always try and remain hyper vigilant when I am around them.... I write and pray a LOT to stave off any TMS ticklers.

Look over your past and you might find that a lot of your pain happened when you were in situations when you had to repress your emotions more than usual (family and work). It will empower you to heighten your awareness in the future and remain pain free.

jorgem12 likes this.
  3. Looking for space

Looking for space Peer Supporter

Family stuff is Definitely a trigger for me, I use to put in so much effort, but I don't anymore, still, that doesn't mean that anger isn't there. I give gifts but, I stay away as much as I can.
    Sometimes I think many things I am angry at, and I Express it is just a mask for something deeper.
    Good post....

jorgem12 likes this.