1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10-help

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by uccello1983, Apr 9, 2017.

1. uccello1983

uccello1983 New Member

Hi,

I went swimming for the second time yesterday (after a week) and felt very happy while doing it. After 20min I started to have pain but I pushed through and then stopped. I thought take it easy. And then for the first time in 6 months I went to the movies. Something I really enjoy doing. But while I was there, the pain started again and I was having the feeling of pins and needles in my right fingers which I haven't experienced to this degree. I was freaking out a bit. And today the pain has increased. The SEP said to post my question to the forum maybe someone can help? My question is: what do I do when the pain becomes unbearable and did it increase due to exercise? is that normal? thank you for reading.

2. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

I would love to tell you to "push through it" when the pain is unbearable. But it's often not realistic. Sometimes the pain demands that you rest. Use that rest to your advantage: listen to a TMS audiobook, meditate on Sarno's 12 daily reminders, think psychologically about why the pain is "level 10". I had a flare up on vacation that was the worst pain of my life. I was in bed for the entire vacation. The best time to push through the pain is when it starts to come on or even when it hurts moderately. The key factor for me (and others, I'm sure) is to push through your fear. I believe fear is the biggest hurdle in overcoming TMS. Once you are not afraid to return to your former active lifestyle, the TMS becomes less effective to distract you from your feelings.

Good luck to you!

- Matt

3. uccello1983

uccello1983 New Member

thanks Matt.