1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10: Getting better

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by cookieheals, Nov 21, 2020.

1. cookieheals

cookieheals Well known member

Hi all,

I've moved from 73% acceptance of the diagnosis to 100%. What moved me over is this bible verse in Luke 10:19 that spoke to fear of activity

Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you.

And, I prayed with a person- Tony Myers, whose life changing book "Unlocking the secrets of divine healing" enabled me to heal from seimoditis by changing my understanding of healing. Knowing the incredible things that he has witnessed in healing people, and also him knowing my middle name without me telling him (what a moment) enabled me to fully understand that I was healed when he prayed with me, and eradicated all fear.

Since then when I stood I felt much better. One aha moment I've had in realizing not to focus on the symptoms but what is beyond them made me realize that the last time I recovered from a pain-body manifestation, I stopped doing all emotional processing right when the pain went away. It was Day 18 I believe. I understand now that I should have finished, even though I was fine, so that I could attend to why it showed up and avoid another manifestation.

Another aha moment I had yesterday was in Steve O's book, the Pain deception, that talked about symptoms that appear in where our 'work is'. I realized that I have been carrying a lot of resentment about my path so far in my acting career, and so it made sense that my knee and foot would bother me, so that I didn't have to keep doing it. My inner child is livid about how things have been going, and last night awakened me to that rage that I've been dealing with.

It's also been interesting to not focus so much on the symptoms as they come up- even in accepting healing, the divine way of understanding healing is to stop relying on the flesh for what is true in the spirit- to not rely on the body to tell us whether or not we are healed, but to rely more on the spirit. Whether it's walking in the spirit or thinking psychologically the emphasis is still not on the body. Ever since I discovered this I was floored as to how many times and how often I was 'checking my body'. It's all day! From the moment I was waking up to sleep.

Since I've learned about outcome independence, I'm working on re-wiring myself to focus on the goal being 'how little do I care' as Alan Gordon said and 'treating any issue like a paper cut' like Tony Myers says. I feel a reduction in pain, honestly speaking. Probably 50% lower, and I'm so thankful that it's just a matter of time before I don't have symptoms anymore. Either way, I'll keep trying to put my focus on my mind and my spirit- and continuing to not accept to be bullied into the fear associated with the pain. Thanks for reading!