1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10/ Big Discovery!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Velvet_Hidden, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Velvet_Hidden

Velvet_Hidden Peer Supporter

As day 10 is winding down for me, I feel fine physically, I ran earlier and swam. Neither activity caused any pain what so ever. Inbetween time I re-read certain sections of Dr. Sarno's "Healing Back Pain" and listened to the 12 Daily reminders on audio. What was most "releasing" and therapeutic for me today was the fact I discovered the main reason for my unconscious rage I've been harboring. I had to be honest and admit it's my own mother. Most of what she has contributed to my unconscious rage was written in my unsent letter I wrote a few hours ago. Unlikely my other letters I've written since starting this program, I found myself the angriest writing this particular one. I say all that to say I'm just glad to have discovered one of the biggest reasons for my repressed anger.....

AC45 likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Velvet. It's wonderful that you discovered how much anger toward your mother that you have been repressing. It may very well be the dominant reason for your pain and may be why you felt okay after swimming and running. Writing the letter to your mom and not sending it was a very good thing.

Now while journaling, maybe you should try to think about why you are in a rage about your mother. You may learn more about why she is the way she is. She may very well have emotional problems of her own and is taking them out on you. I discovered through journaling reasons why I was so angry when my mother and father divorced when I was seven, and I repressed the anger all my life. I was able to understand my parents better and forgave them. Forgiving them ended my severe back pain.

Keep up the good work in the SEProgram. I am confident that you are going to win the TMS battle.

Velvet_Hidden likes this.