1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by kmptl, Apr 19, 2015.

1. kmptl

kmptl New Member

Where do I start? Years of neck pain, debilitating migraines and now back pain. I Discovered following my divorce that my migraines are emotional. They all but disappeared after my divorce and return with a vengeance with every interaction with my ex. I've attributed the back pain to deterioration of my physical well being following my cancer treatment. I am so pleased to hear it is otherwise. My experience with my migraines makes me an easy sell.

My dearest loved ones struggle with addiction. One is a heroin addict. My back pain coincides with learning of his addiction. I now see it is quite obvious to say I am pained by this knowledge. I never understood my words so clearly before.

I will move my body today. I will stop worrying that it is cancer returning (but I will follow up with my onc doctors as scheduled).

What is hard for me is knowing what to do with the emotions I must accept. To that end, I am working through the Presence Process. I am on Week 4. My pain gets in the way of that. As Michael Brown predicted.

I am so very grateful for this new knowledge and this resource.

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) and Ellen like this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome, kmpti! You are off to a very good start. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, kmpti. You are in the right place and doing great by acknowledging that you symptoms are
    not structural but TMS psychological.

Try not to take on other people's problems like your friend's heroin addiction. He/she has to face the fact
    and get into a recovery program. You don't have to urge them more than once or twice, nor try to
    convince them their addiction is caused by TMS repressed emotions. They get the message,
    and if they don't, they don't want to. We can only take "be thy brother's keeper so far," or our
    "goodist" nature.

And don't worry that cancer is returning. Much better to be thankful that you won that battle.