1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Day 1.....

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Maple Tree, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Maple Tree

Maple Tree Newcomer

Doing this as an act of compliance with the day 1 excercises- not really my style to post something like this- in fact I've never posted in a discussion forum before. Totally willing to do it, it just feels so unnatural!

As far as my level of acceptance of a TMS diagnosis (self-diagnosis) I would say that intellectually I'm on board, (100% on board that TMS is valid in general- and think it could/hopefully does/probably does apply to me.) Emotionally it's harder...I always have fear (especially with such a life ruining pain...vulvodynia) that the treatment I'm trying won't work. It doesn't help that in more than 13 years, not one thing I've tried has helped. It's probably a combination of personality traits, an effort to protect myself from unwarranted hope, and a dismal history (0% success rate with a myriad of treatments) that make it difficult to fully accept it emotionally. I know that belief is integral in this approach- so I'm basically trying to manually override all of the automatic doubts/fears as they crop up.

I certainly have almost every if not every personality trait of a typical sufferer of TMS, and I have a traumatic history, so that's encouraging (in this context- surely not in general!)

I guess that's all for day one...I feel super exposed, I'm so glad this is anonymous!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Maple Tree.

Welcome to the SEP program. It will lead you through techniques of healing your TMS symptoms including vulvodynia. I've read that doctors don't know the cause of most forms of vulvodynia,

Doctors don’t know the cause of most forms ofvulvodynia. And there is no evidence that infections, such as sexually transmitted diseases, cause vulvodynia but some suspect it can be caused by allergies or irritation or other substances, or muscle spasms or hormonal changes, even genetic factors.

From 200,000 to six million American women have it. It looks like medication is not the cure, so it appears to be another symptom of TMS,
    from repressed emotions and/or personality if perfectionist and "goodist," wanting to be liked by everyone all the time.

The SEP program will help you to discover your repressed emotions and how to manage personality that can bring on stress.

Throughout the program, it would be great if you can keep positive, believe totally in TMS, and enjoy your days without worrying that you
    won't heal. You will heal. The success forum is full of posts by those whose symptoms left them by believing in TMS.

Maple Tree likes this.
  3. Maple Tree

Maple Tree Newcomer

Thanks so much for your response!