1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Barbinlr, May 4, 2022.

1. Barbinlr

Barbinlr Newcomer

So glad I found this forum. Thanks to all who respond.

My pain is interstitial cystitis. This is chronic excruciating pain in the bladder. No infection, just pain, urgency and frequency. Basically is often hurts standing, sitting or laying down which makes things hard to say the least. Sleep is often impossible.

I suffered with IC twenty years ago but through a change in diet I was able to get it into remission. But three months ago it came back, even worse. I am currently working with a nutritionist which has helped some. But now I am thinking after reading Dr. Sarnos book that I have got to try his approach for relief of chronic pain.

I do worry that it will not work but am determined. It makes good sense and I plan to give it my best. Barbara

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome! For awhile I was seeing TMS coach Rebecca Tolin, one of her symptoms was IC and she has recovered. She recovered with the help of Jim Prussac who has excellent videos on youtube as thepainpt - focusing on fear reduction, self acceptance and emotions and no time tables.
    Best wishes for your recovery.

3. Barbinlr

Barbinlr Newcomer

Thank you so much for these leads! Will definitely look into them.

4. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Hello and welcome Barbinlr! Bladder related symptoms seem to be a common TMS variant - I know I have seen plenty of people on the forums over the years who were helped by the SEP. Frequent urination was one of my many problems when I was sick, albeit not one of the primary ones. I am sure you are in the right place. Good luck!

5. Barbinlr

Barbinlr Newcomer

Thanks so much for your reply. Already feel that this forum has helped me