1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by shoshi3856, Dec 5, 2021.

1. shoshi3856

shoshi3856 Newcomer

What can I say as I am diving in head first into this. Something I would never do in any other circumstance. I’ve downloaded the Curable App, am about to start listening to Alan Gordon’s book and worked through the Pain Recovery Program.

I’ve been dealing with infrequent bouts of vertigo but a constant unbalanced feeling going on 22 months now. I feel like I’m on boat at times when laying down and like I’m walking on a bed or marshmallows at time. The computer is the worst. I’ve gone through tons of tens and docs with a few “diagnoses” but nothing specific.

I have always been an anxious person, and check all the boxes for personality traits of TMS.

I will admit I Do have doubts and there are freak out moments that something is being missed, but I am really trying to be mindful and take things one day at a time. Which isn’t the easiest for me.

A life without TMS would mean everything to me.

-not living in constant worry
    -not waking up anxious every morning, especially on work days wondering what the day will bring
    -not thinking my life is over
    -riding a bike and going for walks in nature again
    -seeing friends and just laughing without a care in the world.
    -traveling again
    -viewing life with possibility instead of dread.