1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day 1!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KateK, Aug 6, 2019.

1. KateK

KateK New Member

Hi everyone,
    My name is Kate and this year, after 10 years of living with chronic widespread pain, I've finally found the answers I've been searching for. I'm younger than most of the people I've seen suffering from these, I am 21 and have been in pain since I was 10 years relieving when I realized the symptoms and traits made sense finally. I've cycled through a diagnosis of CRPS as a child, Fibromyalgia, and idiopathic neuropathy. None of these were right and not a single doctor I've seen has been of any help, in fact they told me to not bother going to college because my body could never handle it (I start my senior year of college in a week!!). This year my insurance stopped covering my pain medication, Lyrica. I became desperate, i had never been in so much pain in my life. So in January I began my search for answers, I found neuroplasticity and trauma triggered chronic pain etc. Then finally last month, i found this site. I am so grateful, I've already learned so much and I am so excited to live like the rest of 21 year olds. To stop being the person who has to turn down every invite and not make friends, to save all my energy for studying and only get mediocre grades due to the pain. I don't have doubts or worries honestly. I know this will work for me, it's just a matter of time and patience and hard work.

- Happy healing everyone!

miffybunny, plum, JanAtheCPA and 3 others like this.
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Great attitude Kate!

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

miffybunny and plum like this.
  4. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome Kate1. Feel free to contact me anytime!

JanAtheCPA and plum like this.