1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day 1: Ready to fight

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Pingman, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Pingman

Pingman Well known member

I have been dealing with TMS now since 11/01/13 that started with tingling, pain, weakness, jolts in my left leg and foot. When it started, I was worried that I might have MS due to some googling. As I worried more, i developed Insomnia which added a level of stress. Went to my Dr. and started sleeping pills which made me even more stressed that I needed sleeping pills.

I learned about TMS here and started to apply the logic to my leg and the running helped. My leg pain started to go away but TMS moved to my head and vision. I head heard about MS and its impacts on vision and so my TMS gravitated toward my fear. The vision really worried me and now I have developed anxiety.

After having an MRI....I am convined that I have TMS. I have stopped the sleeping pills for two nights and have been yelling at my subconscious that I am not going to put up with this anxiety. I keep telling it to relax and give me space so I can deal with my fears and repressed issues.

I am feeling better, still anxious but better. I sometimes worry I won't get back to the mental state i was two months ago but then I remind myself I am more powerful than fear and can beat this.

2. lauren4235

lauren4235 New Member

Just wanted to let you know that we have family friends with a college-age daughter that was having problems with stress and anxiety and had very similar symptoms. It started with weakness in her legs, she really couldn't walk much at all. Then it did move on to her vision. I think she was basically blind for several days. Then eventually both problems resolved and she is fine now.

3. Pingman

Pingman Well known member

Thanks Lauren - I am printing this out. That does help me....hearing an example of what I am having affirms that TMS and stress are the causes.

4. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

What a great line!! I find myself slipping into that perspective if I haven't done my daily reading and belief checking. I finished this program two weeks ago, but am finding myself slipping into pain patterns... of course not near as bad as they have been... but I need to stay on this journey because of the tricky nature of TMS.