1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 day 1 - raynaud and fascia issues in the palm: is it tms?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by anat, Oct 7, 2021.

1. anat

anat New Member

i suspect i am a classic tms-type: anxiety is my middle name and monkey mind is confused with authentic curiosity.
    i was injured 1.5 years ago in the thumb and it escalated to a tendon issue (fibrosis of the soft tissues)

i am desparate to heal and i want to heal from within.
    i also have raynaud (cold feet and palms) and i wander can this be related to tms?
    i would love to learn from experience. is there anyone here whio healed raynaud with tms- work?

here is my answer to day 1 question: What would a life without TMS mean to you?

in one word? freedom. this is my most sacred value:
    get up in the morning with no stifness. body pliable and malleable
    i'll be able to dress myself with no worry of pain in the fingers, go to the woods, wear my sandals with no worry they will hurt the feet, walk briskly listen to podcasts without a racing add mind. return home with a runners' high calm feeling. preppare a sald in my own hands, drive the care with no pain or stiffness in the hand fascia, my palms and feet would feel warm and not cold as they are now, i would feel inner calm. i'll be busy in what i love the most"
    learn movement, dance, be more gentle and less agitated to my kids, i will be the happiest person cuz i am pain free and i can take care of myself with no dependency on others.

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

@Renee, were you diagnosed with Raynaud's. Could you comment on your thoughts on whether that is TMS?

3. Forest

And @TG957, I think you mentioned that as well...

TG957 likes this.
  4. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

@anat , so sorry you have all these symptom, but the good news is that your description points at TMS. Raynaud's is another manifestation of TMS. I had similar symptoms in my hands, and it all went away as soon as I was able to calm down my nervous system and learned how to deal with anxiety and stress. Keep working on your mental health, start meditation and mindfulness exercise, and be patient. It took me 2 years to get rid of symptoms completely, but about 12 months into it I was back to 70-80%, and overall quality of life improved significantly.

It is a paradox of TMS, but becoming a happier person by changing my responses to stress actually led me to reduction in pain, not the other way around. The explanation to the paradox is very simple: we develop psychosomatic pain and other symptoms because we are not happy in life, so changing our attitude is the key to eliminating the symptoms.

5. anat

anat New Member

thank u

6. anat

anat New Member

7. Forest

Thanks for posting, @anat, and welcome to the SEP. I completely know how you feel about the feeling of calm and freedom. That is exactly how I felt, as well. I look forward to seeing your next post!

anat likes this.
  8. anat

anat New Member

thank you Forrest. this tmswiki is a treasure and i appreciate your efforts and time in building and amintaining it. bless you.

Forest likes this.
  9. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

Indeed, we experience TMS when we are angry, sad, frustrated by life (but often we aren't even aware of it) and that's especially when TMS exhibits itself.