1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 - Level of Acceptance- A Year Later

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MCHames, Aug 2, 2019.

1. MCHames

MCHames New Member

I believe with 100% certainty that I have TMS. I have had it for 2 years and found out about a year ago. The timing of my symptoms coming on was no coincidence. I wanted to be a good dad. Alcoholism/drug addiction runs in my family. I decided to give up drinking, overloaded my schedule and was in birthing classes when I developed severe abdominal pain. I spent the next year of my life trying to figure out what was wrong with me as my symptoms went up/down depending on my stress/current treatment. I spent a fortune trying to figure it out and the only real diagnosis I have had is SIBO/IBS. About a year ago a Naturopath told me to look into TMS and directed me to the Wiki. It made sense to me. Since then I have been up/down. My current symptoms are abdominal pain, heavy bloating and brain fog. I have 2 things that make it difficult for me to have any lasting success. I struggle with my fears regarding being a father and wondering whether or not my anxiety/depression medication makes things worse. I have always had anxious thoughts to a certain degree, but it has gone to a new level over the past couple years. I know it takes time and patience to re-wire your brain. I am really working on replacing the negative messages with positive ones. I'm trying to be as gentle with myself as possible as I have a tendency to beat myself up and put pressure on myself to get things done quickly. There is no set timetable. We will see how the journey goes...

MattBD808 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. LaineyVeganseed

LaineyVeganseed Peer Supporter

Day 1 for me to. Great that you are connecting with people here for support! You can do this!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. MattBD808

MattBD808 Newcomer

Keep going. Keep reading. Keep learning. Things will start to click into place the more information you consume. There are many different people sharing knowledge, some may resonate with you more than others. Just keep consuming knowledge, in time it will begin to make sense. At least it has for me. I am 2 weeks into my TMS journey and I am making steady progress. I already feel better than I have in months and I hope you will too. There is a light at the end of the tunnel my man :)

LaineyVeganseed and JanAtheCPA like this.