1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 after reading HIS book!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Sciatic Sally, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Sciatic Sally

Sciatic Sally New Member

Well, I am 49 and generally very fit and healthy, down my gym doing circuit training, kettles and badminton. I started to get sciatica but it went and then it came back with a vengeance at the end of March and here I am now, August, still battling it.
    Since reading Dr Sarno's book I am very aware of my repressed anger and anxiety and am trying to adjust this to this after years of holding it all in and am the T type queen of 'keeping up appearances '. I am off the pain killers in the main, just 500mg of Panadol when I need to distract from the pain. I think I have conditioned pain when walking and first thing in the morning but am struggling to keep it psychological rather than physical when the pain cascades up and down my leg in ribbons of fire.
    I am very hopeful that Dr Sarno will cure me. I had to go for an MRI today but am not bothered about the results particularly as I know I have TMS.

Tennis Tom and Ellen like this.
  2. TheWayBackUp

TheWayBackUp Peer Supporter

Hi Sally, I am glad you found Dr. Sarno and best wishes in your healing.

Sciatic Sally likes this.