1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

D1 A life without TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Allissa RS, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Allissa RS

Allissa RS New Member

Hi all,
    I'm excited to find this forum as I feel I need direction with all the many TMS tools I'm discovering.

A life without TMS? I am 14 weeks post partum with first babe. At 4 weeks postp. I had my first sign of discomfort around pelvic and bladder area. This was precisely the moment I had begun to pack the boxes my husband, I and babe would soon move into a new home. Since then I have been in 24/7 discomfort while settling into our new life.

A life without TMS? At this stage I get brief glimpses of remembering what it feels to be free in body a handful of times in a day. Some would view the time I have experienced this at reletively short, but to me it has been all consuming and I am sure many would understand.

I have explored many structural avenues so far and am 95% sure of being TMS. I feel it a little confusing when discomfort is organ related. Especially bladder. I find myself telling my brain I am grateful it is working, could it just turn things down a notch please! I don't want it to stop working. I would like to experience a healthy state once more.

It is clear anxiety is at play here. It's deep and I am in a freeze state quite frequently. In my journalling I have also begun to explore anger and it seems to be coming out more and more like gravel from a gravel rash. Somebody mentioned grief being under anger yet I'm finding that challenging to arrive at just yet but I know it it there. Also forgivebess and letting go.

A life ithout TMS, would be to live fully present to the joy of my daughter husband and novelty of my life. Adventure and Laughter that I genuinely enjoy and invest in.

Thankyou for having me here. I hope to connect with many

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Seeing doctors and going through their round of tests is stressful, expensive, and annoying (especially if they don't find anything). However, I found it helpful in alleviating the fear that there was some big "structural" issue going on. Anxiety worsened for me too after my daughter was born, leading to bad constipation, which led me down a worse path. Good luck!

3. Allissa RS

Allissa RS New Member

Hi! Thanks for connecting!
    Yes I feel alot of time has been spent exiting the medical side of things and providing material for my anxiety the thrive on!

Just had a convo with my husband this morning about taking the leap to focus solely on emotional healing. It feels good to share this with him, it feels good to also feel more empowered.

Today is Day 14 of SEP for me and a self care day!!! Woo hoo!! Going to gently go about being as present and calm today as I can. TMS does not get my focus this day!!!