1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Crisis protocol

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Ftaghn!, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Ftaghn!

Ftaghn! Peer Supporter

In light of recent events, we may want to consider a sort of regular option for people who show up in situations of crisis. I think we're all a bit lost when these sorts of things pop up.

Maybe a list of hotlines or basic psychiatric recommendations?

mike2014 and Ellen like this.
  2. mncjl123

mncjl123 Peer Supporter

I don't think there is a real answer. I was where this person was 1 year ago. I can relate to everything he is saying. And sadly, most of it is true. I literally begged my doctor to send me somewhere for help, however, psychiatric wards will send you home after 72 hours if the problem is pain, anxiety, depression. Etc.... And most of know that prescription drugs don't help. And most likely the person in crisis has been down that route. I think letting someone vent is good. And to just let them know we understand and care. Let them know we don't have the answers, but share similar stories. Telling someone they are crazy and need psychiatric help, is not a helpful suggestion to someone who has been in this persons shoes. Seriously, crazy people don't know they are crazy. This person, was reaching out in desperation for kind words. Definitely not a crazy person by my standards. And, so eloquently verbal in both text and expression. Just my two cents.

plum likes this.
  3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

mike2014, plum and Ellen like this.
  4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes.